NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Good Humor’s Neighborhood Joy Grants Contest is sponsored by Conopco, Inc., d/b/a Unilever. Open only to legal residents of the 50 U.S. & D.C., 18 years of age or older as of date of Submission, who are direct operators of an ice cream truck or push cart (regardless if they own the truck as long as they operate and drive the truck) with a valid business license in the 50 US/DC. Submission Period begins at 9:00 a.m. ET on 9/19/2023 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on 10/25/2023. For Official rules and complete details, visit https://www.goodhumor.com/us/en/official-rules.html
GOOD HUMOR’S NEIGHBORHOOD JOY GRANTS CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
1) Contest Submission Period: Good Humor’s Neighborhood Joy Grants Contest (the “Contest”) begins 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on September 19, 2023 and ends 11:59 p.m. ET on October 25, 2023 (the “Contest Submission Period”).
2) Eligibility: Open only legal residents of the 50 United States and the district of Columbia, 18 years of age or older as of date of Submission (defined below), who are direct operators of an ice cream truck or push cart (regardless if they own the truck as long as they operate and drive the truck) with a valid business license in the 50 United States and the district of Columbia. Employees of Conopco, Inc., d/b/a Unilever (“Sponsor”), Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. and each of their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, divisions, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies (collectively “Sponsor and its Administrators”), and each of their respective employees, shareholders, directors, officers, members and agents and their immediate family members spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate or win. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law.
3) Phase 1 – The Contest Submission Period: During the Contest Submission Period, you may enter by visiting https://www.goodhumor.com/us/en/neighborhood-joy/neighborhood-joy-grant-program.html (“Site”) and following the directions to complete the online entry form, including responding to the following questions (each question must be answered in a minimum of 50 words and maximum of 300 words) and uploading a photo of your ice cream truck or push cart (optional) (collectively, the “Submission”):
- Why are you passionate about being an ice cream mobile vendor?
- Describe the biggest challenge you face as an ice cream mobile vendor?
- How would you use the funds to address this challenge?
- How might these funds help you spread neighborhood joy?
The person uploading the Submission will be deemed the Entrant (the “Entrant”). Submissions must be in English. Submissions that do not meet the requirements set forth in these Official Rules will be disqualified. All Submissions must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET on October 25, 2023. Limit of one (1) Submission per Entrant. Submissions received from anyone who is not the direct operator of the ice cream truck/push cart indicated on Submission will be disqualified. Submissions received in excess of the limitation will be void and disqualify that Submission. Use of any automated or computer system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service may apply. If entering via mobile device, normal phone/data and usage charges imposed by your phone service may apply.
Each Entrant grants to Sponsor a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual and non-exclusive right and license to use, copy, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, edit, translate, publicly perform and publicly display and create derivative works from and display each submitted Submission, in any media, and with right to use, copy, modify, edit, and create derivative works there from, and agrees to waive any and all moral rights that the Entrant may have in the Submission with respect to the uses contemplated herein, and to execute documents confirming such right and license at Sponsor’s reasonable request. No information regarding Submissions, other than as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules, will be disclosed. By participating, you understand that your Submission (or portion thereof), if applicable may be posted online, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
4) Contest Submission/Video Guidelines: All Submissions/Videos (defined below) must, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, adhere to the following Contest Submission/Video Guidelines and these Official Rules of the Contest. Any Submission that does not, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, adhere to these Contest Submission/Video Guidelines or the requirements set forth in these Official Rules is subject to disqualification from the Contest:
- Each Entrant attests that he/she/they have made all those depicted in the Submission/Video aware that he/she/they is submitting a Submission containing them in this Contest, and all depicted have agreed that Entrant may submit such Submission/Video. Further, if any minor is depicted in a Submission, Entrant must obtain permission from that minor’s parent/legal guardian and may be required to provide proof to Sponsor, in Sponsor's sole discretion.
- Submission/Video may not contain, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion:
- Content that includes phrases, trademarked material (other than ice cream truck/push cart name) or other third-party materials.
- Minors under the age of 6. Minors between 6 and 17 years of age must be shown accompanied by a parent. Each Entrant attests that he/she has made all those depicted in the Submission/Video aware that they are submitting a Submission/Video containing them in this Contest, and all depicted have agreed that Entrant may submit such Submission/Video. Further, if any minor is depicted in a Submission/Video, Entrant must obtain a Release from that minor’s parent/legal guardian at the time Entrant is submitting the Submission/Video.
- The names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, without permission; or look-alikes of celebrities or other public or private figures, living or dead;
- Content that promotes any illegal activity; promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message; is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group;
- Personal identification, such as license plate numbers, e-mail addresses or street addresses or other identifying information of any person or entity other than you and the ice cream truck/push cart.
- Material that is inappropriate, indecent, sexually explicit or suggestive; unnecessarily violent, profane, obscene, hateful, tortuous, derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, (including using words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group).
- Content which violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination, and false advertising).
- Content that promotes violence or engages in, encourages, advocates, discusses with the intent to commit, or provides instructions for conduct that would constitute a criminal or civil offense or would otherwise violate any federal, state, local or international law or rule.
- Material or content for which you were compensated or granted any consideration by any other third party.
- Material or content that is, or may reasonably be considered to be, hate speech, whether directed at an individual or group, and whether based upon the race, sex, creed, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or language of such individual or group or that is otherwise unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership, corporation, or political body.
- Content that disparages, slanders or libel persons or organizations associated with Sponsor or any other brands, companies, or individuals.
- Content or materials in which you impersonate another person or entity.
- Submission/Video may not have been submitted previously in a contest or competition of any kind or previously exhibited or displayed publicly (i.e., disclosed beyond your immediate circle of friends, business colleagues and family) through any means.
- Submission/Video must be consistent with Sponsor's image
- Submission/Video may not contain information known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading.
- Submission/Video must be your own original, unpublished work and should not contain, incorporate or reference any content that is owned by any third party or entity, would require the consent of any third party or entity in any jurisdiction, or which infringes any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity, right of privacy, moral rights, and/or any other applicable personal or proprietary rights.
5) Phase 2 - Judging to Determine the First Prize winners and First Prize Notification/Video Submission: At the conclusion of the Contest Submission Period, all eligible Submissions will be judged by a Sponsor-specified panel of judges to determine sixteen (16) First Prize winners based on the following judging criteria (“Judging Criteria”): Does the Entrant view their position as an act of service or passion (25%); Is the Entrant’s challenge specific and solvable (25%); Did the Entrant share a plan that will help them keep their business running all year long? (25%); and how strongly does the Entrant resonate with their ability to spread neighborhood joy in their community (25%). In the event of a tie in any round, the tie will be broken based on the Submission that received the highest score for how strongly does the Entrant resonate with their ability to spread neighborhood joy in their community. Decisions of Sponsor/judges are final with respect to all matters relating to the Contest. No information regarding judging, other than as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules, will be disclosed.
First Prize winners will be notified via email and will be required to sign and return via email/email link, a Declaration of Eligibility, liability/publicity release (except where prohibited by law) and assignment of rights (“Declaration Package”) within five (5) days of notification attempt or potential First Prize winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential First Prize winner may be determined from the next highest scoring Submission (as outlined above). In addition, First Prize winners will be required to provide a copy of their mobile food vending license. Return of Declaration Package as undeliverable, if any portion of the Declaration Package/mobile food vending license is not received within the required time period or if a potential First Prize winner is deemed ineligible, said potential First Prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate will be determined (as outlined above).
In addition, First Prize winners will be required to submit a two-to-three-minute-long video (the “Video”) in a format determined by Sponsor in the timeframe specified by Sponsor to potentially move on to the Voting Period and be considered for the Grand Prize, as described below. Video must meet all Video Guidelines listed above, as well. Videos must be completed as directed within timeframe specified by Sponsor or opportunity to move on to the Voting Round may be forfeited. Sponsor may provide, in its sole discretion, filming equipment for First Prize winners to use when creating their Videos. In the event First Prize winner does not submit a Video, the First Prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential First Prize winner will be determined as outlined above. Both the Video and the Declaration must be completed/returned or potential First Prize winner will be disqualified.
Videos will then be judged by a Sponsor-specified panel of judges based on the Judging Criteria to determine up to five (5) Grand Prize finalists to be posted for online voting, as described below. First Prize winners whose Videos are not determined finalists will still win the First Prize, subject to verification. The Grand Prize winner will receive both the Grand and First Prizes.
6) Phase 3 – Voting Period and Grand Prize Winner Determination: Once up to five (5) Grand Prize finalists have been verified and confirmed, their Videos will be posted on https://www.goodhumor.com/us/en/neighborhood-joy/neighborhood-joy-grant-program.html (“Site”). The public will then have the opportunity to vote for their favorite Grand Prize finalists during the Voting Period (beginning on or about 9:00 a.m. ET on February 5, 2024 and ending at 11:59 p.m. ET on March 1, 2024). Voting Period dates are subject to change at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. You may vote by clicking on the Grand Prize finalist in which you wish to vote for on the Site (“Vote”). Voters must be legal residents of the 50 United States and DC, 18 years of age or older (“Voters”). Limit one (1) Vote per Voter for the entire Voting Period. At the conclusion of the Voting Period, the one (1) Grand Prize finalist who receives the most valid Votes will also be determined the Grand Prize winner, subject to verification of Votes. The remaining Grand Prize finalists (up to 4) will win the First Prize, subject to verification. In the event of a tie when determining the Grand Prize winner, the Sponsor will judge tied Grand Prize finalists based solely on the Judging Criteria to determine the Grand Prize winner. NOTE: Grand Prize finalists are prohibited from obtaining or soliciting votes by offering prizes, payments, or inducements for votes, or engaging in other conduct that is not considered fair play, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion and Sponsor may void all votes and disqualify any Grand Prize finalist associated with such conduct. By participating, Grand Prize finalists/Voters agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor/Judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
7) Prizes: Grand Prize (1): A $20,000 check made payable to the Grand Prize winner. First Prize [16 total]: A $5,000 check made payable to each First Prize winner. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winners. By accepting a prize(s), winners agree: (i) they are responsible for all federal, state, and local income tax liability on the prize(s) received and all other obligations and expenses that are associated with receipt and use of the prize(s) regardless of the value(s); (ii) to release and hold harmless Sponsor and affiliates from and against any and all disputes, claims, or causes of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize(s); and (iii) participate in any media interviews regarding the Contest (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) (“footage”). Winners will be required to provide their taxpayer identification number, Social Security Number, and/or Resale License #, along with any other documentation, required by Sponsor. All winners will receive a 1099 form in the mail, to be processed in the year in which they receive the prize(s). Limit one (1) First Prize per person/ice cream truck/push cart. Sponsor does not make, nor is Sponsor in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize including but not limited to the quality, fitness for a particular purpose, or condition. No substitution or transfer of prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
First Prize winners understand and agree that, as a condition of being awarded the prize, they may be subject to a background check at the sole discretion of Sponsor; failure to comply may result in disqualification and forfeiture of prize. In addition, at the discretion of the Sponsor, potential First Prize winner may be disqualified: (a) if charged with or convicted of a felony or misdemeanor; (b) if Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that awarding the prize to such individual may reflect unfavorably on the Contest or Sponsor; (c) if he/she is not eligible to receive the prize based on the eligibility requirements set forth in these Official Rules; (d) if Sponsor determines that he/she failed to comply with these Official Rules in any way; or (e) if he/she refuses to or cannot accept the prize for any reason. Potential First Prize winner social media profiles must be in keeping with the Sponsor’s image or they may be disqualified, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
8) General Rules: As a condition of Submission into the Contest, all Entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its Administrators, each of their respective agencies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, members, employees, agents, assigns, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Contest (collectively the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with submitting a Submission/Video or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Contest, being a part of footage, the receipt, ownership or use of prize(s) awarded or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement or offering of the prizes. Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused by participation in the Contest or use or redemption of the prizes. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use Entrants’/ice cream trucks’/push carts’ names, likenesses, Submissions, Videos, statements, footage, and other information provided during the application/Grand Prize finalist notification process for promotional purposes (including across social media platforms and in press or owned materials), without further compensation, except where prohibited by law. Further by accepting a prize, winners understand that Sponsor or its agencies may reach out directly to winner with follow up questions or for interviews, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. By submitting a Submission/Video, Entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules. Submissions/Videos will be declared to be made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of Submission. "Authorized account holder" of an e-mail address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access provider, Online Service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the Submission/Video process or the operation of the Contest; violates the Official Rules; acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner; or acts with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any person or business. The Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications, whether caused by the sender, by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest which may limit the ability to participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Submissions/Videos in the Contest. Submissions/Videos generated by script or bot are not eligible. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Contest or online voting if it cannot be completed as planned for any reason, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or corruption of any sort. In such event, Sponsor will determine the Grand Prize finalists and First Prize winners from among eligible Submissions/Videos received prior to cancellation according to the Judging Criteria outlined above or if online voting is cancelled, Sponsor will determine the winners according to the Judging Criteria outlined above (and not online voting). Sponsor reserves the right to award fewer than the stated number of available prizes in the event an insufficient number of eligible Submissions/Videos are received. As a condition of participating in the Contest, Entrants agree that: 1) under no circumstance will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for out-of-pocket expenses; 2) all causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest, or prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and 3) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event will Entrant be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees or other legal costs.
9) DISPUTES: Entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and solely and exclusively in a federal or state court located in the State of New York; Entrants submit to sole and exclusive personal jurisdiction to said courts in the State of New York for any such dispute and irrevocably waives any and all rights to object to such jurisdiction; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Contest but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will Entrants be permitted to obtain awards for and Entrants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. ENTRANT HEREBY AGREES THAT ENTRANT WILL NOT BRING A CLASS ACTION OR PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION AGAINST SPONSOR WITH RESPECT TO A CONTEST. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants in connection with this Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules of provisions (whether of the State of New York, the United States, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
11) Winners: For a list of winners, available after April 1, 2024, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope by April 30, 2024, to: Good Humor’s Neighborhood Joy Grants Contest - Winners, 100 Marcus Drive (Dept. RW), Melville, NY 11747.
11) Sponsor/Administrator: The Sponsor of the Contest is Conopco, Inc. d/b/a Unilever, 700 Sylvan Avenue, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey 07632. The Administrator of the Contest is Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.